Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Area text formatting options - HELP!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmmm... you would think that since I'd been an avid use since about 89 I'd KNOW this... how do you change the area readout (e.g. in zones) from "sq ft" to a custom format - let's say "SFT" or "square ft"? Any ideas?

Thanks
Jonathan
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jonathan,
JD wrote:
how do you change the area readout (e.g. in zones) from "sq ft" to a custom format - let's say "SFT" or "square ft"?

If I understand you correctly you want to change a default text setting in the actual zone stamp itself.
Depending on if the zone stamp has a parameter for the setting or not you can either do it when making your settings for the zone in it's dialogue box or under the "Options/Zone Categories". But I guess it is not there since you should be used to finding parameters by now.

If parameter for this particular is not included in any of your zone stamps, you actually have to open the "stamp name".gsm file and locate/change the exact " sq ft"in there. Activate the zone in plan and select "File/ GDL Objects/Open Object" to open the .gms file.

The string will probably be located under the 2D button (maybe property button as well) and you have to replace all " sq ft" - can be done by a find and select (CTRL + F or COM + F) make sure you only do it one by one in the script so that nothing else gets corrupted.
I would probably also do a "Save As" on the .gsm and rename it to keep the original intact.
Then all you have to do is select the new stamp under "Options/Zone Categories" ...

Good luck
and have a nice Xmas