BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Auto Numbered Text

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone give me some advice how to do a label thats auto numbers like 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc. I tried the label tool setting it to use Object Label 10 and Content Type "Object ID". All I see is a box with "ID" inside it.

Also tried the auto numbering object - too cumbersome.

Would welcome ideas for any other ways of numbering. I should add what I would like is a way to stamp incrementally increasing labels or text over a drawing. I
3 REPLIES 3
Stress Co_
Advisor
Maurice_S wrote:
Maurice:
Where did you get this object? I can't find it in the US AC 11 Library.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
The label tool set to Object ID should work (kind of) for what you want. Since it is displaying "ID" I assume either that is the actual ID of the items labeled or the labels are not associated to anything.

To get the auto numbering you need to have this turned on in the project preferences and it will only work with ID's that are numeric. For example it will increase "DOOR-01" to "DOOR-02" and so on but will not increment letters such as "PART-A", "PART-B" etc. You should also keep in mind that this is a pretty basic function. It merely increments the current default value for the tool as you place elements so they will be numbered in the order that you place them. There is also no function to ensure unique numbering. This would have to be checked in the interactive scheduler.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stress wrote:
Maurice_S wrote:

Maurice:
Where did you get this object? I can't find it in the US AC 11 Library.

Its in the Australian Essential Library/ Drawing Symbols called "Numbering String". Looking at the code, it was written by Darren Bell.
Learn and get certified!