Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Autodesk vs Diehl Graphisoft Stock Prices, ADSK vs DIEG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Old news:

COLUMBIA, Md., Feb 18, 2000 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Representatives of computer aided design (CAD) software developer, Diehl Graphsoft, Inc. (Nasdaq:DIEG) today announced that it has been acquired by IT/AEC software development firm, Nemetschek AG, for $9.50 per share in cash in a deal valued at approximately $30
Million.

I read today that Autodesk stock price dropped 12% to $27.54. (Estimates of upgrade boost were downplayed by an expert.) They apparently have a client base of 1.5 million but the expert thought only 800,000 would upgrade. Could those numbers be correct?

Diehl Graphisoft stock is around $9.34, and is trading in a very narrow range and low volume, with a P/E of 24.

Anybody know what the client base for ArchiCAD is? I would assume it's growing and healthy. I wish more students in the US were learning it. My intern is quite adept in both, but that's because we have a good trade school here in town with an alert and clear minded faculty who appreciates ArchiCAD on its merits.

Jay S.

ADSK vs DIEG
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Reading the Season's Greetings from Bence Kovacs I learn of a user base of ony 8000. Could that number be correct? I would have expected ten times that number at least.

Jay S.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Jay wrote:
Reading the Season's Greetings from Bence Kovacs I learn of a user base of ony 8000. Could that number be correct? I would have expected ten times that number at least.

Jay S.
In press releases from about a year ago GS said it has a user base of over 100 000.
One such press release is:

http://www.graphisoft.com/company/press_zone/donhenrich.html

The figures are at the bottom where it talks about Graphisoft.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
SeaGeoff
Ace
Diehl Graphsoft, now know as Nemetschek North America, is the creator of the MiniCad, now VectorWorks line of products. It is a completely different company than our mothership Graphisoft who actually forced Graphsoft to change it’s name to Diehl Graphsoft at some point prior to the takeover. Diehl comes from Richard Diehl the company founder.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x