Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Awful performance

Milan
Enthusiast

Hey guys,

I have been working on this particular project of hotel and residence, is 30 story building, and has some detailed elements, like facade with horizontal cladding done with profile walls. But lately, performance is just poor. Drag and select take ages, deselecting is sometimes impossible, 2d screen is not responsive, 3d slow, but improved after i changed Graphic Card settings, is spinning more than is efectively working. Is a cocept stage, so, not a lot of composites. 

And my machine is quite powerful:

Intel Core  i9 14900k

64Gb RAM

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080

Should I send a file for analisys to a Graphisoft support team, since this is more time waiting and spinning than actively working. And we paid quite a lot for this licences, so, any advice would be nice. 

Thanks,

Milan 

Operating system used: Windows 11

26 REPLIES 26
Milan
Enthusiast

Look that 🙂

One of the issues: Drag and select (Polygonal selection or whatever is called), command, that was taking seconds before, now is instant. And I just reinstall Archicad. I think that latest update causing some issues... Not sure completely! I will not test it by installing! 

Silly question maybe, but before the re-install, when was the last time you restarted your machine?

Make a duplicate of the Archicad installation folder (drag a copy).

Now you can install the latest update and see hoe that goes.

If it slows down again, you can suspect that is the problem.

Then delete the lates application folder and rename the copy back to its original name.

That save you having to reinstall again.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Nurbs
Advocate

Hi Milan,

As I've read your specs......it could be that you are affected by this CPU related issue:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/Solved-Stability-issue-with-proc-I9-14900K-crash-BSOD/td-p... 

Have you ever checked your file on a different machine with different hardware specs?

Regards

AC16 -> AC aktuell
WIN 10 & Mac Studio Ventura

Echoing others somewhat, but here, quickly, are a few things I've encountered:

- Workstation reverts to integrated GPU.  -> Check AC is using your dedicated GPU.

- Large, embedded library objects, often from Revit converted imports.  -> Move your own equipment and furniture objects (most often the culprit) to an external directory folder.  Sort the directory to identify the largest GSMs (if not in an LCF). Consider replacing with a more efficient version or simplified shape.

- A corrupt model element.  Normally will give an error, though. -> Open error dialog detail to dial into the source.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors

Hi Barry,

Maybe is silly answer, but does turn off-turn on count as a restart? Otherwise, no. hahah 🙂 

I will use that method for sure, and test if issue is with update!

Thanks.

Hi,

This seems like BIOS thing editing, which I cant do since is office PC. On my own I would risk. I could maybe inform our IT guy about it.

Also will check on another pc. But after reinstall, speed increased a lot, performance too. 

Snimak ekrana 2024-06-24 090859.pngI deleted embedded library completely, and about GPU usage, is needed to be set in Graphic Card settings, right?

Cheeers,

Milan 

Setup info provided by author

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!