Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

BASIC JOIN

cagarruta
Contributor
As you can see in the 2 attached images, the finish of the composite floor, in image 1 is good and in image 2 is bad. The problem for me is that the "normal" is to refer the floor levels to the finished floor and not to the structural element. The example is made with the default elements of Archicad, that is, there are only two compounds (Slab/ Generic Cover and Wall / Generic Structure). I am interested in working with the levels according to image 2, but with the result of image 1. is it possible?
Thanks in advance.
Archicad 25 SPA v6000

i9 9900K/32 Gb DDR4/1TB SSD/10GBPS Lan/Windows 10 PRO
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Cagarruta,

First, you should add to your signature your OS, AC version and machine specs to better inform us which may be the solution for your problem.

At first glance, it may be related to your wall anchor/base point. It may be linked to the story height.

Hope that helps.
cagarruta
Contributor
Thanks Braza, signature changed.

Indeed, the anchor wall reference is the story level. My normal procedure is try to work from lower to upper level, and stock several hotlinked modules depends of building stories.

When link to story level walls and slabs the connectios is wrong, I dont understand,why? is logical under doors or windows but not between walls and slabs.

Thanks
Archicad 25 SPA v6000

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok. I am not using AC23, but I think it doesn't matter in this case.

If I understand you correctly, you will have to lower your base wall to the slab structural composite, and adjust the height of the wall accordingly to match with the upper story.

If it is not what you are looking for, try the hotlink insertion definitions to better suit your needs. (Long shot)

Hope that helps.
cagarruta
Contributor
Thank you very much and happy new year!!!
Archicad 25 SPA v6000

Anonymous
Not applicable
Happy new year Cagarruta!
Did that solve your problem or you were just in a hurry for a big party?