Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Bathroom library

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi, i been having this problem ever since i started using AC. everytime i place some of the bathroom objects, there is always a pop-up box that prompt that i have place the object on a incorrect layer, and to check my layer settings. could anybody tell me how can i fix this problem.

thanks
12 REPLIES 12
Barry Kelly
Peter wrote:
I was puzzled by some of the library parts
and their names like "Bath Fowler Florida"???
Seems that even though us Aussies want a library that doesn't have the US (& European) objects in it, we still name ours with a US flavour.

The Aus Essential library is really just an attempt at giving us some Australianised objects to suit our products and construction methods.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks barry for the insight. i've looked at it and it has the layer settings option under the parameter, but i have to set it every time i want to place the object. it is such a hassel. anyway, thank you again for your help.

cheers.
Barry Kelly
rx_rotory wrote:
thanks barry for the insight. i've looked at it and it has the layer settings option under the parameter, but i have to set it every time i want to place the object. it is such a hassel. anyway, thank you again for your help.

cheers.
The trick is to have the object saved in the library with the correct preferred layer already set that you want the object to go into.
Then only if you try to place the object on the wrong layer you will get the warning message.
Which is great if you have a very strick layer setup - helps to eliminate a lot of errors.

But by creating favourites of your commonly used objects you can set the preferred layer and the actual layer you want it to go in (they must be the same as each other) and you won't be presented with warning message - but you must use the favourites to place the object.
Again you need a strick layer setup for this - as soon as you try to use another layer you will get the warning.

However if it is really not important to you then you will be better off getting into the scripts and remarking out the relevant bits.

I just looked at the last AUS ESS library I had for version 10 and it seems all the objects are set as default to "Allow user to use wrong layer".
This is a parameter in the object and is set "On" as default.

I'm guessing you may be using the library from version 8.1 or 9?
They hadn't fixed the scripts in those libraries from memory.

Seems like they have also changed it so it will just displaytext of "WRONG LAYER" on the plan instead of the object and there will be no warning message.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11