cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Bug? : SEO Subtract w down-extrusion NOT WORKING w Objective

Anonymous
Not applicable
In my AC17 version, an SEO of "subtract w downward extrusion" does not work on CADimage Objective objects. This operation only subtracts, without any extrusion cutout. [EDIT: Scroll down below, for illustrative screenshots.]

Oddly (and as a workaround), if you add at least one non-Objective element to your Objective targets, before executing the operation, then the extrusion will happen. You can then delete the "dummy" non-Objective target, and the extrusions will remain on the other Objective targets (Another oddity is that this appears to be only true if the dummy element is actually affected by the SEO operation. If it is "off to one side" and not being cut, then when it's deleted, the downward extrusion on all the other objects disappears!)

I've found the easiest way to do this is to copy-displace one of my Objective targets (displaced only enough to be able to select it distinctly) , right-click > convert to morph > and then include that in the targets before the operation execution. And then delete it.

Is this bug still around in AC18 ?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, the "delete the dummy morph object" thing is a bit unreliable. I've just deleted it, after including it in a number of SEOs, and it reset the extrusions on all of those it was involved in.

So my solution is just to not delete it. I'll leave it in, at an exact position of its source Objective object.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmmm. This ain't turning out pretty.

The "dummy" non-Objective object not only has to exist, but it has to be included and visible in the current view for the extrusions on the other objects to remain. Otherwise the downwards extrusion isn't undertaken, and only a plain subtraction shows.
Add the dummy object into the view, and the extrusions come back again.
Barry Kelly
Can you show a screen capture before you do the SEO with both the operator and target selected.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Screenshots below.
screenshot 014.jpg