Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can't Change Profile Material

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can edit the profiles just fine and new instances have the new materials but existing instances are not updating. I have tried everything I can think of, dragging copies, copy/paste, merge into new file and various tricks with modules and attribute manager.

The other odd bit is that somehow the existing, intransigent ones changed from a standard gray paint material to asphalt seemingly spontaneously. This is when I noticed the problem. Of course the only way I could figure out which material it changed to was to look up close and delete the matching one to confirm.

Has anyone else run into this?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
my simple mind may not understand the entirety of your problem but the first thought that popped in my head was the complex profile editor - provided you are talking about complex profiles. If you open the complex profile editor and edit exisitng profile, select the profile from the list and select the actual fill/hatch of the profile then on the right change the material there. just a thought.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, but the editor has no effect. It definitely seems to be a strange glitch. I'm sending the file to GS today to see what they can figure out.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please check both profiles' names
Anonymous
Not applicable
I sorted it out. It was the reno filter. Silly me.