cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can't Change Profile Material

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can edit the profiles just fine and new instances have the new materials but existing instances are not updating. I have tried everything I can think of, dragging copies, copy/paste, merge into new file and various tricks with modules and attribute manager.

The other odd bit is that somehow the existing, intransigent ones changed from a standard gray paint material to asphalt seemingly spontaneously. This is when I noticed the problem. Of course the only way I could figure out which material it changed to was to look up close and delete the matching one to confirm.

Has anyone else run into this?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
my simple mind may not understand the entirety of your problem but the first thought that popped in my head was the complex profile editor - provided you are talking about complex profiles. If you open the complex profile editor and edit exisitng profile, select the profile from the list and select the actual fill/hatch of the profile then on the right change the material there. just a thought.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, but the editor has no effect. It definitely seems to be a strange glitch. I'm sending the file to GS today to see what they can figure out.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please check both profiles' names
Anonymous
Not applicable
I sorted it out. It was the reno filter. Silly me.