cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cavity clasure problem in 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
I find and problem with carity clocery to show in 3d.
In 2d wall show like this:
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
But in 3D:
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please help me to decide a this problem.Apply and file with this window.Thanks for all to halp.
Anonymous
Not applicable
???
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Frameframe,

The problem is to do with the fact that the 'turn plaster' option does not have a physical effect in 3d, only in 2d. To get around this, with your particular type of detail, you may have to be a bit tricky, but it is possible.

I have assumed that the lower face of the wall is outside. If it isn't on yours, you will have to swap a few of the settings.

Firstly, edit your composite and split the core into two identical layers, separated by a hidden line. Edit the thickness of each layer so the total is the same as the original but the outer thin layer is the same thickness as the render. This will allow you to turn the outer skin as a cavity closer instead.

Set the cavity closer settings for the window as shown below. You will need to set the thickness to a small figure (1mm) so a line will close it.

Use the reveal settings to bump the render layer out a bit as you require.

Also make sure that the reference line is on the outside face of the wall.

You should find, after all of this, that the 3d view should be correct also.