Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Ceiling Joist Plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you make one?

I am lost.
17 REPLIES 17
Rakela Raul
Participant
does the text font print legible in 11x17 format ??
nice plans btw
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Rick:

I don't know what you're whining about. This foundation plan wouldn't go very far in the SF Bay Area. We would also need info on specific joist hangers, holdowns, anchor bolts, vent locations, etc. Presumably, the subfloor nailing schedule is shown elsewhere.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Rick Thompson
Expert
They really are retarded, one in particular (and he's from CA.. interesting:) All stock plans going to CA will require separate engineering anyway. They have no earthquake or hurricane issues in Atlanta so it is a waste of the buyers money (all info is already in the plans.. it's just repeated). I have modified plans for this one reviewer and he has actually red lined his own notes from the first go around! Last week he wanted penetrations in a firewall in the crawl space and attic (access). He has had me add piers in the crawl under the landing of stairs (which don't touch the floor!!!! whine whine whine... and that's not mentioning the poor builder who is sitting there:-)
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Rakela Raul
Participant
richard, seems that you use ca and ac ???
for what task do u use ca?? if i can ask
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Well, this is getting a little off topic, but in short, I like CA for preliminary quick designing, including in front of the client. It works for me like Sketchup probably does for others. With the latest release, I will likely use it for more. More discussion on this topic is probably inappropriate here.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Rakela Raul
Participant
thx richard, good enough......

rick, can i ask u about the process of buying plans from you??

who normally buy the plans from you, owners or gc's or other architect ?? are you register in all states and send the plans signed and sealed? or the buyer finds an architect to seal your plans?? how does it work?? if i askd too much dont worry about it, thx a lot
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Rick Thompson
Expert
wasn't sure if your question at the top was for me... but yes, it prints fine on 8.5x11.

Owners, builders, city governments and a few architects have bought plans. You don't need to be licensed to do residential work, except a few states are problematic. New Jersey comes to mind, unless you are the owner pulling the permit they want it sealed. No, I'm not registered except in NC
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Rakela Raul
Participant
thx rick,
now i understand how your deal works, good for you rick...the reason i askd about the font its cuz yeeears back i had issues with reading some of the numbers and switched to arial narrow till today...your font looks better though..thx...
i wont ask about ca, richard might send me to another forum
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD