Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Changing Project Templates........

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a project that I have been working and I would like to change the project Template to a different template that I have created.

Is this possible, and if so how?

I know I can just open a new blank file with the new template and then copy and paste everything to this new file, but I don't want to do that.

Is there a way to change the project template in the same manner in which you can change different Schemes?
7 REPLIES 7
The closest you can get is to import Attributes from the desired Template file. You could also export IS Settings and Model Display Options from the Template and import into the file, but I believe you'd have to reset everything else manually.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Karl Ottenstein
In additional to Laura's good points, you can bring (Master) layouts and their content (including their attributes - can be a good or bad thing as far as clean-up) from one file into another via Organizer. With the new file active, open the file that has the desired content in the left panel and drag the layouts across.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
nm
Anonymous
Not applicable
This covers most of my issues, as I knew there would be various work arounds. Only wish it were as easy as changing schemes.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This covers most of my issues, as I knew there would be various work arounds. Only wish it were as easy as changing schemes.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe I do not grasp the question properly, but I would merge the original file into the new Template file. And although I believe this is not necessary, I usually purge all the unused attributed in the original file first.
I assumed from Rory's post that he/she did not want to export the existing file into the Template, but import Template settings, much in the same way one would do with Work Environments.
Jay wrote:
Maybe I do not grasp the question properly, but I would merge the original file into the new Template file. And although I believe this is not necessary, I usually purge all the unused attributed in the original file first.
But with this scenario, aren't all of the Views lost?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004