Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex Profile Question

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've made a 2x10 framing member with the CP tool. I've broken the rectangle into 4 triangular pieces so I can get the "X" in the middle of the rectangle. Problem is, when I cut a section and if it happens to be in the middle of the framing member, I get an unwanted line in the middle of the member. This line is there, I believe, because it's the point where the 4 triangles come together. Is there a way to do this to not show the line? I found a 2x framing member in the stock libraries, but it does the same thing when cut through, also I don't like it because you can't set the lineweight of the "X" different from the outer edges. What have others done here?
32 REPLIES 32
JaredBanks
Mentor
Master Script, wow. Thanks.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I know you're talking traditional sections, but, how about 3d sections?
What I'd love to see is the ability to assign a 3D cut material to objects. So instead of always seeing a grey/black fill on all 3D view cut elements,
you'd be in control of each elements' color or better yet allow: A) a choice of material, B) show the composite or C) fills! Yikes, what flexibility that would yield.

If this came about, you could set up the 3d parallel projection in such a way to solve not only Jared's problem, but open up the way for consistent use
of the 3D model directly instead of using a 2d view of it.
Tantalizing..., and one step closer to to leaving the old 2D conventions behind.
Snap
Anonymous
Not applicable
Works well for me, thank you kindly.