Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex profile curved wall seems to do SEO on its own

Anonymous
Not applicable
My model is acting strange today. I used a complex profile (curved shape) and used it as a circular wall to create a "roof". When I draw walls in plan view these walls seem to be cut by the "roof" as is SEO is happening on its own.

See drawings. The one wall crossing the end of the curved wall acts normal, the other two crossing its edges are the problem.

It didn't do this in the past, just today. I quit AC12 and restarted--didn't help.

Any clues? Thank you in advance!
-Doug
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I fooled around and got it to work. I guess this comes under "circular walls sometimes act weird in perspective (in internal rendering engine)".

I drew a straight wall under my "roof", not perpendicular to edge of "roof", then rotated it till it was perpendicular, and it acted normally. Then I could SEO the top of the straight wall under my "roof".

Maybe this will help someone out there someday!
Barry Kelly
Don't forget your curved roof is not a roof it is still a wall.
When two walls meet they will trim each other based on the priority strength of each wall and the layer intersection number if they are in different layers.

What it comes down to is you need the roof to have a stronger priority number than the walls below so that you can still do an SEO on them.
Or if they are in different layers set the layers with different layer intersection numbers so they don't trim and you can SEO them yourself.

Another trick is if they are in the same layer and that layer has an intersection number of 0 (zero) then they will not trim to each other allowing you to SEO them.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
vistasp
Advisor
Barry wrote:
Another trick is if they are in the same layer and that layer has an intersection number of 0 (zero) then they will not trim to each other allowing you to SEO them.
Nice! Thank you.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry, thanks for the good tips. I should have thought of the layer intersection numbers, since I used them for an "invisible SEO objects" layer.

The Wall priority I had never used. I'll be using it now!

-Doug