cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex profile wall interfereing with zone boundary

Anonymous
Not applicable
I created a complex profile wall that has the same dimensions as my original composite wall did. There's no intrinsic difference between them besides a few added details. But now my zones don't show the correct area, they seem to include the area of the wall. If I switch back to a composite wall the zone goes back to normal when I update them.

Any ideas?
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay I seemed to have solved the problem... but I don't really get it. I had to change the complex profile wall's relation to zone to "Reduce Zone Volume", otherwise it includes the wall's area and volume... Why doesn't the "Zone Boundary" option work anymore when I use complex profile walls?

Attached is what is looks like when the wall has the "Zone Boundary" as the relation to zone. It's a 3D view of the zone. As you can see the zone is occupying the wall's volume, when it should be bounded by the wall. I do not experience this when I use composite walls.
Clipboard01.jpg