Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex wall intersects in 2d but not 3d

Anonymous
Not applicable
I built a complex profile wall, and it is intersecting with itself in 2d, but not at all in 3d. The reference lines intersect. They were on one side. I moved them to the center of the wall because I thought that might help, but it didn't.
I've built complex profile walls before without this problem. The major difference is the corrugated siding which uses curves and the cavities formed behind it.
Any ideas how to make this work?
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
I remember seeing this in the AC10 beta. I can't remember exactly but I think it had to do with the origin (thus reference line) somehow. If you can't sort it out you can clean up the 3D with SEOs.
The origin? You mean a project scale/accuracy limit problem? The curves require more precision than is available with current settings? I've seen something like that but it had to do with rendering shadows and was in a different program.
Karl Ottenstein
Do you mind posting the profile, so that people here can examine it to see what might be done?

Go into Options > Attribute Manager

Select the profile tab, then select the profile for this wall on the left, click the >> button to copy it to the right panel, then save it as an AAT file. The file it tiny, but aat files cannot be posted here, so zip it and post that.

Anyone here can then import it by clicking the Open button in the right panel of Attribute manager and then appending it onto their profile list.

Alternatively, zip up a module containing just the two walls. The MOD file will contain the profile also.

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem went away when I moved the corrugated fill 1/16th off the sheathing?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also included some wine bottle profiles I made to tests things and although I didn't encounter a similar error, I noticed some problems. If you examine the image you'll notice that on one bottle the cork is broken and you see through the back of the label. The precedences had no effect on this. What did help was to offset the cork and label so they were not touching the bottle. And besides that the glass looks funny. I think it's not controlling the face normals properly?
wine bottles.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
dmn, it works fine with me on AC12.
Try to make the corrugated layer with the highest priority!
funny wall .gif
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes but... In the profile move the metal channels and corrugation so that it is touching the wall element, and this will cause the error?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Touching now