Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Construction Documents in AC?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm in the process of switching programs. The last program I tried (CA) was woefully inadequate when it came to const. docs. How does AC handle those? Is it a fairly painless transition to go from modeling to documenting?

Does anyone export to acad to finish their working drawings?
3 REPLIES 3
Eduardo Rolon
Easy,... YES (using PlotMaker and defining views in AC), NO to AutoCAD. Try to fing the book Project FrameWork in Amazon it will help ou get started.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
quickdraw wrote:
I'm in the process of switching programs. The last program I tried (CA) was woefully inadequate when it came to const. docs. How does AC handle those? Is it a fairly painless transition to go from modeling to documenting?

Does anyone export to acad to finish their working drawings?
An initial template is key to a relatively smooth transition to construction drawings. Money and time invested in a good template system will pay for itself in the first project. Such a template will start with a well thought out layering system designed for Archicad, defaults for most tools set up as favorites or as elements in the drawing whos attributes can be quickly transferred to a given tool, and complete view sets that pre-establish most of your drawings in plotmaker. There are a number of people who could help you with this and paying for their time would get you off to a good start. This template will continually evolve as your learning and understanding of Archicad progress. Good luck.
TDabney
Enthusiast
See this recent thread

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=6124

It would do you a world of good to go to an AC seminar or to get your reseller to give you some basic lessons. Spending big bucks on the software only gets you started - you need to learn how to use the software - that's the MOST important part.

Tom
TND Architects P.L.L.C.
macOS 12.7
2021 16" MacBook Pro
Apple M1 Max
ArchiCAD 26/27