Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Contour lines in Window Openings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I suspect I'm missing something simple, but am finding when I insert a window in a wall, I have a choice of :

a) setting the wall contours to 0 (none), so that I don't see the outline of the wall below the sill, but then I don't get the end lines of wall at the jambs., or

b) setting the wall contours to 1, so that now I see the end lines of the wall at the jambs, but I also get the outline of the wall below the sill.

The wall contour line setting under 'Floor Plan Representation' seems to work indepently of the first parameter, but doesn't affect the wall ends at the jambs.

How can I get both the wall ends and no contour lines below the cill?

(Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I do find the Search facility less than useful)

KEITH

Archicad 10 on MAC OSX
19 REPLIES 19
__archiben
Booster
Link wrote:
... but can't you change the format it captures to? I am sure I saw it somewhere in the OS.
not directly from the UI - or if you can i've never found it!

you can use system hacks like 'cocktail' to change the default format, or simply File>Export from 'preview' after you've opened it.

alternatively, investigate screen capture tools such as 'Snapz Pro X' from ambrosia software if you are likely to do a lot of it.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Keith wrote:

Still got a problem with Screenshots. Preview doesn't offer me any alternative formats in 'Save As'. If I just overwrite the extension with .JPG, I get an error message telling me that the required file type is .TIFF. The shortcut keys save as .PDF format - which isn't very user friendly. My MAC help screen actually says that pictures will be saved as PDF's - is there an option somewhere to change this to PNG?
What I have done which works quite well is created a folder action (right click on folder - create folder action) that creates a duplicate Jpeg file. Any image that I capture with grab and save into this folder will automatically be duplicated into a folder I have named "jpeg files" and converted to a jpeg.
Stress Co_
Advisor
Ah, always something new to learn in OSX. Try rolling your scrool wheel while holding "control"
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stress wrote:
Ah, always something new to learn in OSX. Try rolling your scrool wheel while holding "control"
I like it. Good for those aging eyes or small text on web sites...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
... but can't you change the format it captures to? I am sure I saw it somewhere in the OS. Confused

I just made a screen shot on a mac which made a PDF
which I opened in Preview where there is an option
to export as a .jpg which it did.

Peter Devlin
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
No, it was more automatic than that. I did it on a client's machine - maybe they had a utility or changed the format in the OS using this tutorial?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Link,
Thanks for the link.
Do you happen to know when the Mac OS started making .pngs ?
My machine makes .pdfs but I am still in OS 10.3.9.
Back in OS 9 or earlier the OS made picts.
Peter Devlin
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
AFAIK it was OS 10.4 (Tiger) when the default screenshot file format changed to PNG instead of PDF.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Link
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You're always welcome Peter.

Cheers,
Link.