cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Copying a selection from a floor plan to others

Myrha18
Contributor

Hi, 

I wondered if it was possible to copy a selection of elements from a floor plan to others floor plans in one click, and not by copying/pasting to every other floor plan distinctly. 

I know that I can copy all the beams (for example) from a plan to others, but is there something similar to copy some of the beams ? 

Thank you very much. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Marc H
Advisor

The Find and Select tool is fairly powerful in selection criteria (and those may also be saved for future use).  Then it’s easier to copy and paste onto other floors.

Some of the other tools (e.g., Grid) may also help you populate some frame elements at the design outset.  Of course, these tools may not account for typical size reductions (i.e., for seismic) as you move up.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors

View solution in original post

Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

If your upper storeys are equally spaced then have a look at the Multiply Tool and the Elevate option. It is located under the menu Edit > Move > Multiply

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Marc H
Advisor

The Find and Select tool is fairly powerful in selection criteria (and those may also be saved for future use).  Then it’s easier to copy and paste onto other floors.

Some of the other tools (e.g., Grid) may also help you populate some frame elements at the design outset.  Of course, these tools may not account for typical size reductions (i.e., for seismic) as you move up.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

If your upper storeys are equally spaced then have a look at the Multiply Tool and the Elevate option. It is located under the menu Edit > Move > Multiply

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Myrha18
Contributor

thank you very much.