Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cover Fills Beams and Columns ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I use beams and columns for a lot more than just beams and columns.
When using complex profiles for things like cantilevered slab egdes or roof over hangs theres no cover fill option. I end up using 2d fills for cover fills, which makes changes all the more frustrating having to go through every plan and elevation making sure I adjust each fill to coincide with the complex profile change.

Will this ever be changed ? or is it designed that way and never to be changed ?
I was looking at morphs but its a very destructive /linear work flow.
Is there another way to do this ?
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Sadly no.

I make assemblies of rectangular elements with shell or roof tool for this reason. They also offer nice custom control over which stories to show on.

As long as elements don't have to go up with an angle, I use complex profile walls for horizontal elements as they do show a cover fill of sorts when shown from the top.

Sometimes I draw something like a zinc detailing cover with shell tool as the finishing touch to have a coverfill to hide what's beneath.

I also dislike beams for not having control over the end edge angles.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Erwin,
What do you mean by assemblies ?

I'll look more into the Shell tool, maybe that can help for certain elements.

Its a pity the Complex profile is perfect for the job but no cover fills is just blind sighted.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Typically for gable detailing I use single plane roofs for the different parts of the detail.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5