Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cover fill for half height wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know whether this is still not available?

Scenario: I have a 300mm thick, 400mm high wall. In floor plan it appears white and there is no option to make it a different colour
6 REPLIES 6
If your wall does not exceed the cut line of your plan then the wall will appear white as it should. If your goal is that the wall appears as cut then it must either go up or give it a different graphic translation (into the wall properties)

And
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
My wall is deliberately under the cut line and I do not want it to appear white. As far as I understand there is no option of not having this white - is this correct?
It deals with a cheat 😉
There is the graphic override to give you a part of the solution
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good idea! Shame that ARCHICAD doesn't have a proper way to do it though
Barry Kelly
benjamin_chan wrote:
Scenario: I have a 300mm thick, 400mm high wall. In floor plan it appears white and there is no option to make it a different colour
If the wall is 'Projected with overhead' and it is below the floor plan cut plane, then it will appear with an empty fill.
I assume you say white because your screen background is white?

Walls do not have a cover fill, so you can not control the colour.

You can set it as 'Symbolic' so you will see the cut fill and you can override the foreground and background pens of the 'Cut Surfaces', but this override will not affect any wall skins that have an empty fill.
Or as mentioned you can set up a Graphic Override (that will alter all skins regardless of what fills have been used in the composite).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it must be white because my screen is white

The symbolic cut workaround is a good idea, thanks!