Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain wall and pen set

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

i inserted a curtain wall on the floor plan, (normally it will span to the upper story), how do i reflect that they exist on the upper story, i check the tool setting of the window i inserted, but i could not find option like "show on story above" if you get what i mean,
Secondly when i inserted another window (that is also considerably long) on level +2350 of a story that is 3000 high, it is there on the floor plan but it is not reflected on the story above, furthermore it is not showing on the elevation, i try the option of inserting the same window from the story above giving it -650 value.
i still can't see it except the host wall only that is appearing in elevation and perspective.
Thirdly how can i have penweight of 0.1 and 8.0mm or any thickness i want, it appear that Archicad has 0.13-5.0mm, also i want to access the Archicad predefine pen set (engineering, architecture electrical etc..) from my file, they are not available in the pen and color (model view) dialogue box except the custom i try to do.
i am avoiding using a template file

Thank you

Femi
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Femi,

Insert the curtain wall actually as a window/door rather than just an ordinary library part. The curtain wall is not cutplane sensitive otherwise. Expect to come across some bugs as the curtain wall parts still don't work particularly well.

All the pen settings are defined in the pen sets. You can set any individual pen to any thickness from 0.00mm upwards. 0.00mm being the thinnest line your printer/plotter can produce.

You can find them under 'Options', 'Element Values', then 'Pens & Colours'. Select the pen set you want to adjust and then edit away.

You may want to save the pen set with a new name rather than overwriting an existing just in case you make a mistake. Dont forget to select this new pen set in the view settings for the individual drawings or you wont see any difference!

Refer to the helpfiles for further details.

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Peter

Thanks for the response, i actually used the window tool to insert the curtain wall yet i had the result i explained earlier, as you made mention of the cutting plane, may be it can be modified with respect to the curtain wall. i don't know
it will be convinient if it is possible to reflect a window (that is 2100mm high),be it curtainwall or whatever that is inserted on a higher level e.g. +2450 above the story level that is 3000mm high on the next upper story, without been tempted to put it on the floor plan.
Secondly about the pen set i am using Archicad 11 version, but i can't find anything like Element value from the options drop down menu.
so i am still stuck to how do i have pen weight 0.1 - 0.8 pen weight in Archicad ?, without using a template file, even though the predefined pen set in Archicad (architectural, electrical etc..) only has a range from 0.1 - 5.0mm.

Cheers

Femi
Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't forget you can also adjust the window to be either symbolic or projected in the 'Floor plan and Section' tab in the window settings. As long as the wall is a multistorey wall, and is set to display on 'All Relevant Stories' the window should display correctly according to the cut plane on each storey.

See the attached image for the pen sets location. You don't need to use any sort of 'template file', just define a pen set (or several) with the settings you want.

Have a look here for different ways of setting them up -

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=11296
pen_sets1.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again Femi,

I'm not sure what happened to your last message. It seems to have disappeared! Anyway, I believe you needed to know how to adjust the pen thickness.

As on my image above, select the required pen set, then click on the pen you would like to adjust (I have pen no 63 selected) you will see that the 'Pen Weight' is written in the middle. (0.18mm on mine).

You can now type in whatever thickness you like. When you are happy with the changes click 'Store as' and overwrite the same pen set.

Hope that helps.