Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curved Ceiling intersecting Flat Cili(Trim to Roof and SEO)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been working on this dormer interior with a curved ceiling. I can't get the regular sloped part of the ceiling to trim to the curve, nor can I get the curve to trim to the slope.

I've made the slope part using both the beam and roof tools and (no matter what view I'm in) "Trim to Roof" doesn't work, and SEO is grayed out all the time.

The curved part of the ceiling is made with the roof tool. The sloped part of the ceiling is now made with the roof tool.

I'd like to cut away the portion of the sloped ceiling that is below the curved ceiling AND cut away the part of the curved ceiling that is on the interior side of the sloped ceiling.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Trying to attach the image.
Erika Epstein
Booster
If the curve is made with the roof tool, it is actually many segments and each has to be trimmed to roof separately when using that method. The hole in the sloped roof will be segmented.

It might be preferable to create a custom profile of the curved section and then use SEO to trim.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, Erika.

I finally got it to work by using SEO in plan - for some reason the SEO tool had a change of heart and ungrayed for me. I don't know why.

What happens with trim roof is that it seems to give priority to one of the segments and then just cuts along that angle - even though you have all of them selected.

But I see what you're saying about making the profile.