BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cut Planes, Story View, Display Story

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know what each of the setting does for like story settings, cut planes etc. But Where I get confused and lost is when something is changed on the plan and it causes something to show up that never showed up before.

Example, I have a bay on a house on the 2nd floor, it is cantilevered out, but now it is showing on the 1st floor. Home story is set to 2nd floor, doesn't extend down, cut plane is set to 4' above main floor.

Just not grasping or seeing where these things start showing up when I don't want them to and didn't show up before. (I also have a vent that is in a gable that is well above the 2nd finish floor now showing in the wall on the 2nd floor plan.

Sincerely, driven nuts.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
and this is the elev view.

anywhere I can watch a tube video or read a manual? I have searched to find a place where it lays it all out but it is just general info.
Ugljesa Janjic
Newcomer
Have you tried choosing the elements (walls) that show on the first story and selecting the appropriate "Show on Story" in properties?
Screen Shot 2014-03-11 at 11.40.37 PM.png
Ugljesa Janjic
ugljesa@janjicarch.com
ArchiCAD 25
Mac OS
Barry Kelly
Do you have any offsets in your Floor Plan Cut Plane settings?
If you do and the walls are set to show on all relevent stories you will still see them although they do not actually go into the storey above or below.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is my current settings.
Barry Kelly
You have show down to 1 storey below.
What happens if you change that to current storey?
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nothing. I have went on both floors and changed all of the settings around to different combos and it does nothing. One day it is showing everything like I am needing and then all of the sudden (I'm sure some setting was changed unknown to me), but now I have all of these story setting errors and displaying things that didn't show up before.

I have tried all of the obvious things in the beginning but it does nothing at all.
Anonymous
Not applicable
*face-palm*

after working on it and changing every setting on the cut plane and everything else, I figured it out. I had to highlight the walls showing and switch them from home story only to all relevant stories and then back to home story only. That "shocked" it out of displaying on the wrong story.

So FYI in case anyone runs into this in the future.
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
I've been noticing lately that when Floor Plan Cut Plane changes are made to views, they don't take effect right away. You need to toggle something on and off again to "shock" it into working, as you say. We call that the "Hungarian Shuffle".

There's something wrong with the Rebuild function, in a few 3D operations. I've spent hours adjusting various settings, only to find that the first adjustment I made should have worked, and eventually does.
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
Learn and get certified!