cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cutting some part through whole structure

ratnabhirud
Contributor
Hello,

As shown in attached image, portion having light fill pattern has to be removed from the whole structure.

I want to remove this part from foundation to top of the building.
Stories can be seen in screen shot.
This is completed model and now it is decided as above.

Is there any way to do this?

Regards,

Ratna
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Ram - 16.0 GB
System - Windows 10 Ultimate, 64 bit

NVEDIA GForce 8400GS

Archicad 9..., 24
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Ratna:

The image is missing.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
ratnabhirud
Contributor
Oops, Sorry,

Here is the image,

Regards,

Ratna
Ram - 16.0 GB

NVEDIA GForce 8400GS

Archicad 9..., 24
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Ratna:

If what you mean is to shorten the building by one bay, then I would delete the extra columns and walls at each floor, then use the heavy marquee to stretch the end of the building back the required distance, which will stretch the floor slabs, etc that are partially inside the marquee, and drag any elements entirely in the marquee. Lock or hide any layers with elements that should not be changed. This will still require some additional model clean up, but should be a good way start this type of modification.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
ratnabhirud
Contributor
Hi,

I got your point, Actually I know this is the only solution.
If I am correct, If we select an area in heavy marquee, then we can select all elements those are inside in marquee and on each story.

This way, I can delete only columns (in my case) and not the walls, for this ,I have to trim these walls those are coming inside the marquee area on each floor.

Again my problem is , when I select all columns in heavy marquee, should select all columns on each story but right now it's not happening.

Finally, I have two questions,

1 ) Can I trim elements which are partially inside in heavy marquee? Is it applicable to all stories? Is it possible?

2 ) Why heavy marquee is not allowing to select all elements which are inside and exist on each story?

Thanks & Regards,

Ratna
Ram - 16.0 GB

NVEDIA GForce 8400GS

Archicad 9..., 24
David Maudlin
Rockstar
ratnabhirud:

To delete all the columns in a specific area on all floors: use the heavy marquee to select an area in the floor pan that just contains the columns to be deleted, use the Show Selection/Marquee in 3D command to just show this part in the 3D Window, select the Column Tool, then use the Select All Columns command to select all these columns, delete.

For the walls, the heavy marquee will not trim them, but it will stretch them longer or shorter, so they can be stretched on all floor in one operation.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture