Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

DEDUCTION AND INTERFERENCE IN ARCHICAD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, everyone!

I hope someone with more experience might help me with the following:

I would like to create a perforated sheet with small radial perforations at again small distance inbetween. I idea is to do it using actions such as deduction, interference and so on... But I don't know how does this work in Archicad. If someone has an idea or could suggest something that is easy and won't be too much for the system requirements, I'll be looking forward to his answer.

Thanks & Regards
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lidija wrote:
Hi, everyone!

I hope someone with more experience might help me with the following:

I would like to create a perforated sheet with small radial perforations at again small distance inbetween. I idea is to do it using actions such as deduction, interference and so on... But I don't know how does this work in Archicad. If someone has an idea or could suggest something that is easy and won't be too much for the system requirements, I'll be looking forward to his answer.

Thanks & Regards
can u put picture what u want to do!!!!!

Its much easyer to knopw what u want
Anonymous
Not applicable
To create a perforated sheet, instead of using SEO or cutting holes in a slab - which would create far too many polygons, use a texture in conjunction with a mask to remove the holes in rendering.

Dwights lightworks book covers it on pages 112-114, if you have a copy, or check this page for further info -

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=29429&highlight=perforated+sheet#29429
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
To create a perforated sheet, instead of using SEO or cutting holes in a slab - which would create far too many polygons, use a texture in conjunction with a mask to remove the holes in rendering.

Dwights lightworks book covers it on pages 112-114, if you have a copy, or check this page for further info -

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=29429&highlight=perforated+sheet#29429
This was very helpfull, indeed... Thanks a lot.

Lidija