Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Decal with transparency

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm trying to add a decal to a wall to simulate painted signage on a 6" horiz sided wall to an image rendered in elevation projection using the internal rendering engine (open GL)

I'm using a PNG with alpha, and applying the material to a very thin wall in front of the sided wall. The transparency shows up in the preview for all rendering options, but not the final image. Transparency is turned on in openGL settings.

Thanks,
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Rockstar
svenl:

The problem may be that the wall has 2 sides (front and back) so one side does not have the image. You might try the ParaPicture object in the Object Depository (01 General) which is a single plane.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
This may help:
Look at the >Work Environment, >User Pref Schemes, >Selection and Element Information, here you will find a slider that controls at what point the transparency takes effect for shaded OpenGL views.

look here for another option using the figure tool.

Snap
PS Use a wall of zero thickness. It still has two sides, but no edge polygons to render in 3D.