cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Design option sets duplication

Hi all,

I need to know how you duplicate design option sets; do you feel needing to duplicate them also or I misunderstand how to use them?

Why duplication is available for options & combinations & not available to sets?

Thank you in advance.

Operating system used: Windows 11

AC 27 INT 5030/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

An option set can contain many different options, only one of which can be active at any one time.

So there is probably no point in duplicating a set as it would have to duplicate all of the options within that set as well.

Then you would have duplicates of all of the options, whether you want them or not.

Duplicating just a single option of course is fine, and then it can be moved to any set you want.

Combinations are just a list of options that are on or off, so you may want to duplicate those and then just tweak the options to be seen rather than setting up an entirely new combination from scratch.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

So, the option set is the only classification point between all options, so that we shouldn't see a duplication between sets as we can't see it in layers' folders, Thank you Barry.

AC 27 INT 5030/WIN 11

Rather we need sets inside sets as we have folders inside folders, I think there's a wish for that.

AC 27 INT 5030/WIN 11

You would have an option set for all alternate options of the same area.

So for example if you had 3 different options for a kitchen, you would have them in the same option set, so only one can be active at any one time.

If you had 2 options for a bathroom, you would place these in a separate option set, again you can only have one bathroom active at any one time.

But now you can set up separate combinations for kitchen 1 with bathroom 1, kitchen 1 with bathroom 2, k2 & b1, k2 & b2, k3 & b1, k3 & b2.

You wouldn't put the kitchen and bathroom in the same option set because you couldn't have both active.

Unless of course you want that to be the case.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

@Mahmoud Qenawi wrote:

Rather we need sets inside sets as we have folders inside folders, I think there's a wish for that.

No need.

Just create new options for any elements that may appear in more than one combination.

If they are in their own option set, you have complete control of when they are on or off.

See an example I made here for 4 alternate kitchen options but where 2 had the same island bench.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Technology-Preview/Enhanced-Design-Options-add-common...

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Sure, I've read your description for a constant element to be shown always without using the main model, that's excellent.

I may think about making design options more flexible rather than it's one way approach, I mean if I've alternate options for doors, I can classify sets by their position, their tag, their style or their size.

I mean DOs should be more flexible to be classified easily at start point or in the middle of the road or even at the last moment before finishing the project, all time we can handle options freely without fearing from being lost if it's not well classified from the scratch.

At all, I understand the one-way DOs behave for now and respect it sure, and the early classification system I should create, thanks Barry for your efforts.

AC 27 INT 5030/WIN 11

Setup info provided by author