Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Detail Tool corner radii: bug or feature?

Erika Epstein
Booster
Has any one else noticed that when you set the radius of the rounded rectangle that the radius increases/decreases relative to the size of the rounded rectangle?

I have some detail tool "favorites settings". One is for a circular detail, another for a "rounded rectangle".

1. Detail Marker Rounded Rectangle: From the attached jpeg, when I use the rectangular shaped detail button to create it, I've noticed that radius changes with the size of the rectangle placed. Ergo the radius is scripted to scale with the size of the rectangle. Not necessarily a bad feature, but the radius size can get too large too quickly for my taste. Is there a way to control this ratio?

2. Detail Marker circular: In contrast, the circular detail, where I would love for the radius to scale up/down relative to the size of the detail box I draw, doesn't! i.e. the radius stays the same and it creates rounded rectangles all with the same corner radius!
wouldn't it be nice if when using the circular shape and holding down the shift key while defining the detail that it would scale the circle radius relative to the detail size?

Or, am I due for another night's sleep to find out there is a button in front of my eyes that controls this?

detTool radius.jpg
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems, to my thinking, to be a poorly scripted part. In my own detail marker, I set the radius to a fixed (paper) size parameter (I usually use 1/8" to 1/4") regardless of the size of the detail.

You might try a different marker symbol. I think that the NCS part works OK (though not well enough that I actually use it myself ).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
I think that the NCS part works OK (though not well enough that I actually use it myself ).
NCS Detail marker changes the radius, though I have just learned to live with it. No smart enough to make my own markers and not bothered enough by it to complain. Still bothered by the enter key though, but that's another topic.
Erika Epstein
Booster
It was more an observation than complaint, that is why I titled it feature or bug.
the NCS detail marker works the same for the rounded rectangle i.e the radius grows with the size of the marker.

The NCS circle version grows correctly; the circles are as large as the box used to define them and do not turn into rounded rectangles.

For set radius on a rounded rectangle, or if you want more than one size corner radius, you can use the Standard Detail Marker Circle version.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
SeaGeoff
Ace
With Detail Indicator_NCS in rounded rectangle mode, there is an editable hotspot at the mid point of the radius that can be adjusted by selecting stretch mode in the pet palette. You even get a numeric input box.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Erika Epstein
Booster
Sweet!
Thanks Geoff
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1