Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Display Order

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello All,

The problem we are facing is that we have a 2D object in our electrical model, which in turn has the architectural model hotlinked into it. The problem is that the 2D object will not display above the objects which contain slabs that with an empty fill as the cover in the architectural model. Here are the solutions we have tried so far:

1. Display Order - Bring to Front
- This works but only until you open the file again and only on some objects
2. Elevating the 2D object to a higher elevation than the fill that is blocking it.
3. Chaning the fill backgrounds in the model view options to be globabl transparent.
4. Setting the cover fills in the display order to be contours only.
5. Changing the layer priorities of the electrical objects.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure I fully understand your problem, but it may be that the troublesome elements in the Architectural model are at the top of the display order and thus are conflicting with those in the Electrical model.

When you have two overlapping elements of the same type on the same display level the most recently modified will be on top. I expect that when the linked file updates in the electrical model all its element become the most recently modified.
__archiben
Booster
6. change the 'empty fill' background colour to transparent (0) in the architectural model.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
select the other conflicting element and use the "sent to back" comand