BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Elevation of Windows

GSButler
Participant
Hi out there!
anyone know what to change to avoid the confusing lineweights on the attached elevation? I have spent an hour pressing all the buttons.
I want to get a heavy line around the opening in the wall - instead I get partial lines around the masonry arch, lines on the two sides. and no heavy line around the sill
Maitland and Butler Pty Ltd
AC18 - Windows 7 64-bit
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
The line weights are determined by your current pen settings. You will need to pay attention to both the settings dialog for the pens themselves as well as the pen assignments in the Info Palette or setting dialogs of the various parts themselves (the wall and the window in this case). Some graphic effects may be difficult to get exactly the way you want them automatically.

It is worth spending some time learning about this and setting getting your pens set up the way you want them. Getting this sorted out early will save lots of time going forward. You may want to check out some templates and read up on the subject. A search here on pen settings should turn up quite a bit.
GSButler
Participant
Thanks Matthew for your reply!
I have set the pens generally how I need them and they work for most things pretty well, but can't seem to get the heavier lines at the top and bottom of the windows. I did solve the broken heavy lines problem at the top of the brick arch by setting the brick arch a bit forward of the wall plane. However, there doesn't seem to be a way of getting heavier lines to delineate the actual wall opening.
Maitland and Butler Pty Ltd
AC18 - Windows 7 64-bit
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's hard to be sure without looking at the specific part. If you can't find a way it may be that a workaround is required. The quick and dirty approach of course is to draw the lines in as you want them. It might also work to insert an empty opening with the desired pen settings. Assuming the window is from the standard library it is likely a bad idea to edit the script. It would be good to let GS know of the problem in this case.
Learn and get certified!