Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Eyedropper and syringe tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello all
Please help me with this..
for some reason the ctrl+Alt for syringe and Alt for eyedropper is not working on my pc..because of which i am not able to match properties....
I have changed the CPU recently and the problem still persist...

Thank you
kay
25 REPLIES 25
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Maybe something fundamental is being overlooked here, so let's run through the basics.

Firstly you must be aware if something is selected or not. Whenever you are in a tool's settings dialog, glance up to the top right corner to see if it says 'Default' (which means you have nothing selected and are adjusting settings for the next placed element) or Seleced: x Editable y (where x is the number of elements whose settings you will be adjusting).

The next is a two step process:

So let's try it with nothing selected. Eye dropping (so to speak) on an element when the icon turns black, and hearing a honk, and feeling that warm satisfying feeling in the pit of your stomach and all those other good things that happen that let you know you have successfully aquired the settings of the element, will place all those settings into the 'Default' tool settings.

[Here is your chance to change any settings you want, if you need to.]

The next step is injecting those settings from the 'Default' tools settings into the same kind of element. So injecting on an element when the icon turns black, and hearing the honk, and feeling a smile appear on your face and all that, will complete the transfer.

Whooshka - the operation is over!

Does that help?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
hey link
well i am using the exact method...but it doesnt transfer the attribute. i dont hear the honk sound (yes the pc volume is turned on, and the speakers are working too). I have used this method on other PCs in the office it works there!!!!
do u think it would have to do with some sort of setting within Archicad?

kay
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
What are your hardware and software specs? It would be a little more helpful if we knew if you were on a mac or pc, and what version of OS and ArchiCAD you had.

And you are trying to transfer attributes between the same kind of elements right? Like from a wall to a wall, as opposed to from a wall to a slab.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
links
my pc has windows XP professional, i recently brought this pc. i have archicad 9

<And you are trying to transfer attributes between the same kind of elements right? Like from a wall to a wall, as opposed to from a wall to a slab. >
---yes its from wall to wall.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i have also tired changing the mouse. but its the same
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Well first off, it may be a good idea to update to the latest version (if you haven't already) and see if the hotfix fixes your issue.

If you are not sure whether you have the latest version go to Help>Check For Updates...

If you have done that already, maybe try a new & reset before going any further?

Cheers,
Link.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Is the wall whose attributes you are trying to changed locked or on a locked layer?

If working in teamworks is this wall in not in your space?

You can alt-click on items such as walls that are locked or on locked layers, but you cannot transfer those same attributes to items that are locked, on locked layers, or in someone else's workspace.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
The layers are unlocked
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Maybe try and upload a zipped project file containing just the two things you are trying to transfer properties between, so we can better assess it?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
hello all
After really long struggle to solve this problem I am posting this problem again

for some reason the ctrl+Alt for syringe and Alt for eyedropper is not working on my pc..because of which i am not able to match properties.... It does not automatically take the properties of the selected object. eg. if i want to draw a window similar to what i have drawn before, the tool doent pick up the properties of the object, i want to match with.

The eye dropper and syringe turn black when they are where they need to be, and when I eye drop the window, the window is not active in the toolbox. And there is no “Honk” sound.

the eyedropper is Full, when snapping to a Reference Line or axis node, but it doesnt transfer a dialog box's settings to an element,
Clicking an element doesnt apply the default values and attributes (Line Type, Pen Color, Material, etc.) to that element.

I was using Windows 2000 with my old PC, the problem was there. I have changed the CPU recently and the problem still persist...

I am using version 9, Windows XP professional, now.

I have tried this tool on other pc in the office and they work fine. I have even tried changing the mouse, but the problem persists.

Could there be problem with any setting within ArchiCAD?

Can u suggest a solution?

kaykay