Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Eyedropper and syringe tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello all
Please help me with this..
for some reason the ctrl+Alt for syringe and Alt for eyedropper is not working on my pc..because of which i am not able to match properties....
I have changed the CPU recently and the problem still persist...

Thank you
kay
25 REPLIES 25
TomWaltz
Participant
How is it not working? We'll need a little more information before we can help.

Is it not selecting an object at alll? It is not filling in, indicating it is on top of something? Is it not matching correctly?

Also, what version of Archicad? What service pack number?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
hey
I am using version 9. It does not automatically take the properties of the selected object. eg. if i want to draw a window similar to what i have drawn before, the tool doent pick up the properties of the window i want to match with.
what do u think might be the problem?
kay
TomWaltz
Participant
kaykay wrote:
hey
I am using version 9. It does not automatically take the properties of the selected object. eg. if i want to draw a window similar to what i have drawn before, the tool doent pick up the properties of the window i want to match with.
what do u think might be the problem?
kay
A few possibilities:

Is Archicad "beeping" like it actually did anything, or switching to the Window Tool? If it's this, I'm not sure.

Are you just alt-clicking with no effect at all? If so, make sure your "snap grid" is turned off.

Is Archicad picking the wall instead? If so, then make sure you click on one of the "opening corners" of the wall, where the wall is actually broken out for the window.
Tom Waltz
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Good thinking Tom. Although I think the official term is a 'honk'.

It's also worth pointing out that the eye dropper and syringe will turn black when they are where they need to be, and when you eye drop the window, the window should become active in the toolbox. That's how you know you actually got the window.

Cheers,
Link.
Djordje
Ace
Link wrote:
Good thinking Tom. Although I think the official term is a 'honk'.
If it does not honk, the parameters are not transferred ... as simple as that!

I
Link wrote:
t's also worth pointing out that the eye dropper and syringe will turn black when they are where they need to be, and when you eye drop the window, the window should become active in the toolbox. That's how you know you actually got the window.
The other way is glancing at the info box; if you see the window that you want there, you made it.

Also, when picking up the properties from the 3D window, it is NOT necessary to hit a hotspot; just honking in the middle of the window works. However, only with the hotspot you can be really sure.

If in S/E, best place to pick the properties up is the midpoint on any of the window edges.

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
By the way, is there a way to only transfer e.g the markers attribute or the sills data and not every property?

I really find my self wishing i could lock all attributes of the object that is syringed and change only what i want.!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes i tried all that
the eyedropper is Full, when snapping to a Reference Line or axis node, but it doesnt transfer a dialog box's settings to an element,
Clicking an element doesnt apply the default values and attributes (Line Type, Pen Color, Material, etc.) to that element.

any suggestions?
Kay
TomWaltz
Participant
kaykay wrote:
yes i tried all that
the eyedropper is Full, when snapping to a Reference Line or axis node, but it doesnt transfer a dialog box's settings to an element,
Clicking an element doesnt apply the default values and attributes (Line Type, Pen Color, Material, etc.) to that element.

any suggestions?
Kay
So the eye dropper is full when you "match".... is it changing to a syringe when you "inject"? Is the syringe full?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
the syringe is half full