Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

FILLS ALL APPEARING BLACK

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have a problem printing out Archicad V 9 and 10 drgs in v11. All the library objects and hatching seems to be printing out black when we use grayscale. The problem is that they all seem to have white backgrounds and the white prints out black when printing in greyscale. We like to print in greyscale to be able to print out grey fills etc.

Is there any way around this other than having to go through every single library part and changing the background fill to transparent? And similarly we would have to go through the fill settings and make sure the background fill colour is set to transparent.

We have found no other way of printing grey fills in grey others than using greyscale.

This is very strange as in Archcad 9 and 10 grey fills printed grey with no problems and white background fills printed clear. Its something that has changed in v11. I dont know why the white setting has been changed but it has buggered up 99% of our existing drawings.

Any help appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
You say you are printing but are you perhaps plotting instead? I have seen this happen when the plotter's pen settings are overriding those in the plot file. (I assume that the fills look correct in the layout and it is only on paper that they turn black and can't think what else would cause this - besides perhaps a bug.)

You don't need to print in greyscale if you apply pen sets to the drawings on the layouts. This gives the best control over the output while retaining the ability to work in whatever colors you need. Perhaps just switching your pen sets and printing in full color will solve the problem.

BTW: The percentage fills have changed their behavior. They now print as halftone screens instead of the old vector fills of spaced lines and dots. This might also have something to do with your problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply but I dont think it can be anything that we are doing as we can print (not plot) a drawing with grey shading in AC 9 or 10 and the greys come out and then print exactly the same drawing out in AC11 and they all come out black. We arent advanced enough here to know about settings etc. Suffice it to say we are having major problems with the prints and the only way Ive been able to do it is to set up a separate plotfile for printing only, which has our standard pens black and then some extra greys that are set at greyscale and to then change the layout viewports penstyle individually to print using this plotfile. Then we can get mostly black lines but grey fills. But its a right hastle changing the layout viewports manually every time. And I dont see why we should have to when AC10 worked fine!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive a similar problem , just opened my version 9 template file and when a version 11 object is selected, it comes out with a black fill.

I know there is an easy way to chaneg the default to empty fill but I cant find it. Anyone?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Having a similar problem when upgraded from v10 to v11. Any walls that have a Cut Fill Background Pen color except Transparent or Window Background will turn black when I go to different views. Zooming in & out, no problems. I have to resave each time for the wall fills to show normal again. This problem happens often but not each time using v11. If I use v10, no problems. Thought it was the video so upgraded from ATI Radeon 1600 to GL5200, same problem occurs. I have the latest ATI driver installed and completed the other posts regarding video problems.

Any ideas?

v11 1114, Windows Xp Pro SP 2 (5.1, build 2600), DirectX 9.0c, Intel DG33TL, Core 2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33 GHz, 1.98 GB Ram, ATI FireGL 5200.