cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Fallingwater

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need some help getting the information to build up a model for Fallingwater for a school project.
10 REPLIES 10
rob2218
Enthusiast
Be more specific.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Dwight
Newcomer
You could get the actual model from 3D Warehouse and measure it from the free version of SketchUp.
fallingwater.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've never had to do falling water for a project before. But when I was learning AC I did this castle experiment pictured below. There are two meshes intersecting each other. One is earth and the other is water. Mold the earth one to how it suppose to be. Then drop the water mesh into place and mold it so it makes the water surface as you can see in the next two pics. And for good measure I threw in a pick of an island I did experimenting with more with water. I made it so each water layer was 10' and I thought it turned out pretty neat.

Hopefully one day AC will include actual "water" in the model with real physics so water (and air) can be visually modeled how it will interact with the model.
Castle.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ground mesh
Ground.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Water mesh
Anonymous
Not applicable
Water level experiment
Dwight
Newcomer
"Fallingwater" names the Frank Lloyd Dwight "Kaufmann House" house.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's too funny. I don't know why the house didn't come to mind when it was a single word and capitalized. It must be way too early in the morning for me. My brain is relly bab for fixng words for me. When I'm tired even more so.

Well hopefully other's will get a good chuckle out of it and there are some almost completely unrelated pics to look at as well. Enjoy.
MMontgomery
Enthusiast
Dwight wrote:
"Fallingwater" names the Frank Lloyd Dwight "Kaufmann House" house.
I see what you did there!
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!