Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Favorites and Home Story

Anonymous
Not applicable
Question in regards to Favorites and the Home Story. Some of my previous (AC16) favorites objects have a default setting that is other than "Current Floor". is it as simple as setting the object in the Current floor selecting it and "Redefining with current selection" ?

Some items seem to not go to the Current Home Story.
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Jay wrote:
Question in regards to Favorites and the Home Story. Some of my previous (AC16) favorites objects have a default setting that is other than "Current Floor". is it as simple as setting the object in the Current floor selecting it and "Redefining with current selection" ?

Some items seem to not go to the Current Home Story.
I'm not sure that will help.
I think it is all a bit buggy.
The storey that is saved with the favourite seems to have no effect whether the checkbox in the favouriite preferences is checked or not.

For example if I am placing a wall on the ground floor and the default base height for that tool is 0 then it will go in the ground floor regardless of what storey was saved with that favourite - preference for home storey checked or not.

If however the default height for the wall tool happens to be more than half of the storey height then when using the favourite it will automatically set to the storey above again regardless of the favaourite preferences.

Even in 3D it has no effect as you can snap to whatever existing element you want to set the height to and clicking on the favourite does not make the heights change in the defalt tool settings.

Objects seem to set the correct storey saved with the favourite when used in plan but not in 3D.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
Barry wrote:
Objects seem to set the correct storey saved with the favourite when used in plan but not in 3D.
Nope I was wrong.
I redifined a favourite for an object to have the 2nd storey as its default strorey.
Wnet to the grond floor, double clicked the favourite (it showed 2nd floor in the info box) placed it on the plan and it went to the ground floor.
Just a few minutes before i got a message saying the object would be placed on a storey that is not the current storey - but not any more.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Rick Thompson
Expert
This started as part of the AC 17 linking to stories new feature. It was really a pain until they changed default settings.behavior in an update. There were quite a few post last year about this. It was a disaster with Fav. At least now it is rather simple to change the story in the info box. Just something we need to do now.

I do treat Fav's not saving to the current story as a bug and have submitted it as such.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display