Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Figure problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a problem with a figure. I scan a drawing (JPG format), and I want to insert in my project, but I don't see the preview picture.
When I insert the figure, instead of a picture appear an empty canvas.
The scanning was perfect, the picture is recognize by Archicad (otherwise should give error), but NO PICTURE.
See attached.

F1.JPG
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
...empty canvas...
Anonymous
Not applicable
...but I should see THIS:
Any suggestions?
Karl Ottenstein
I tried to reproduce in 15 and all worked fine - I made an image much larger than yours to be sure that it wasn't something related to large pixel dimensions.

But, your signature says AC 11, 12, 13 ... which version are you having this problem with?

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Karl.
I used AC 11. It's show in the second image.
It is a scanning image; I scanning at my office but there I have a weak calculator, and when I want to insert the figure, it is blocking.
So, I brought this image at home and I trying to insert in my project, but, like I said, results an empty canvas.
The size of image is 4.329 KB (4.22 MB). I saving the image as BMP, and results the size 203.901, (approximately 200 mb) and my computer is blocking.
Maybe I forgot something... but I don't know what... the layers seems ok...
Could be the video card?
Karl Ottenstein
No problem for me with AC 11 (Mac) either - although it was about 10 times slower than doing the same thing in 15...

What are your computer specs?

If you reduce the size (pixel dimensions - not file size) of the image does it work? Do other images work with the figure tool?

Cheers,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I will try with other images. I have much scanned images, most off type jpg.
Karl Ottenstein
Just noticed that you only have 1 GB RAM. Other specs are low, too, but the 1 GB of RAM is probably not enough for AC to be able to deal with this large image without swapping a lot to disk - if even that will work. Verify that you have lots of free disk space and that your disk is defragmented.

But, if you have access to anyone's computer with more memory / higher specs, try your file there.