Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Fill scale problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello
i have a problem with the scale of my fills.
when i have a room for a example that i want to put a fill of tiles how can i print it out in a size that i will know? like hatch scale in autocad?
i noticed that when i zoom in and zoom out the fill scale changes.
please help me!
6 REPLIES 6
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Wendy:

It sounds like you are displaying the bit map fills, not the vectorial fills. In ArchiCAD 10, make sure that under On-Screen Display Options > Vectorial Hatching is checked. The size of the vectorial fills can be adjusted under Fill Types. Earlier versions of ArchiCAD have a similar way of switching the screen display between bit map and vectorial fills.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is also a difference between Scale With Plan and Scale Independent buttons, in fill settings.

(from help file)
Scale with plan: The display, plot and print size of the selected fill pattern will adapt to the output scale set in the Plot or Print dialog box (if it is different from the current Drawing Scale).

Scale independent: The selected fill pattern will display, plot and print at a fixed size, regardless of the output scale you set.
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
Wendy:

The size of the vectorial fills can be adjusted under Fill Types.
HTH

David
what doew this mean? i found the other one at display options but this i cant understand.
Anonymous
Not applicable
and at the fill dialog box what are the three options drafting fills, cover fills and cut fills? does it make any difference which one i use?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Options > Element Attributes > Fill Types...

You can change the spacing of the fill. This is effectively redefining the fill, so all existing and future versions of it (based on this project) will change. It's not just a display option like the vectorial/bitmap method.

Cheers,
Link.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
WENDY_NEVERLAND wrote:
and at the fill dialog box what are the three options drafting fills, cover fills and cut fills? does it make any difference which one i use?
Vivi:

In the Fill Types dialog box, you can assign each fill to one or more of these Fill Categories, so as you change the category, different fills will be available. They are just a way of organizing the fills. If you don't need this sort of organization, then just assign all fills to all categories, or assign them to one category and always use that one.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14