Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Fills Calculation units.

Anonymous
Not applicable
In V11 and V12 can you calculate Acres? Not just Sq. Ft and Inches?
3 REPLIES 3
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It doesn't look like it goes any higher than square meters or square feet. May be time to hit the wishlist?

Cheers,
Link.
More Calculation Units have been on the wish list for years and years.
It seams like such a simple and essential thing to add to the program.
Apparently it is more difficult that it seems.

Part of the problem for the US version of ArchiCAD might be that the programmers are not familiar with the units for ordering building materials at a US lumber yard, or the common US units we need for site plans and other things. They probably asked Architects about units instead of the Builders who place the orders. I have worked with Architects more than one time that were not familiar with things as common as the lenghts that studs come in, or how many bundels of shakes are in a square. That sort of thing.

I would like to have an unlimited choice of Calculation Units. Metric and Imperial.

I would be happier if they would at least give use the common units for ordering building materials at a US lumberyard.

Board Feet, Squares, etc...

I would also like to be able to define my own Calculation Units.

I would like to be able to use ArchiCAD to produce an order for my building materials at the lumber yard, or a list I can e-mail to a supplier that has the appropriate units for the items I want to order.

We need the ability to create our own formulas for Calculations based on calculation units we can define. Boxes, Cases, Squares, Rolls, Spools, Tubes, Bundles, Bales, Yards, Acres, Sections, Chains...what ever we need.

There is another category of "Units" that is also very important.

Ordering Units.

These are not necessary Metric or Imperial. Sometimes they may be unique to a particular trade, manufacture, or even geographical region.

This is why I would like the the ability to define my own Units.

I can get by with the Calculation units we have but it sure would be good to have just a few more until we can define our own units and formulas for Calculations.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
I would like to have an unlimited choice of Calculation Units. Metric and Imperial.

I would be happier if they would at least give use the common units for ordering building materials at a US lumberyard.

Board Feet, Squares, etc...

I would also like to be able to define my own Calculation Units.
Given the number of possible units it might be too much complication for too little benefit, but the ability to define our own would be nice. The other thing that could accomplish the same result (and then some) would be support for calculations in text fields and schedules.