Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Font plotting

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hallo,

can somebody explain to me why, when i plot a text (ex. 6 lines) with a blanco line in it, i get a square in the blanco line, when i plot.

I don't get the square on screen, and when i print to the printer.

If i use Helvetica or Monaco, there is no problem unfortunately we use century gothic which has the problem.

I tested it with several fonts, and it seems that half of them place a square where there should be a blanco line.

Is there somebody who knows how to avoid this problem?

Kind regards,
Jo
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it with the plot driver then? We don't have a RIP for our printer, so plotting is still much faster...

Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

i don't think it got something to do with the plotdriver, since the fonts are already disordered on screen.

I see you all your computers are intel-macs, that's an advantage, yesterday someone worked with his powerbook on a file made on my intel, it was a disaster. Text larger/smaller comparing to what i got on my screen. Not easy to work with !
Since we use 1 font 'century gothic' for all our plans, letters, database, .....
it is not simple to switch all these things to a font that does work with Archicad !
I was glad founding out that someone else has this problem to !
i was wondering why,
a- i was the only one
and b- that nor my dealer nor graphisoft respond to this problem.

Maybe it's a conflict with other systemparts, what i doubt, because i resetted my intel a few times hoping it would solve this problem.

I'm afraid we will have to learn to live with this bug. And create work arounds, for example, i use several textblocks instead of one to avoid the square in a empty line.

Kind regards,
Jo