Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Font style [GraphMM 512 BD 523 NO]

Anonymous
Not applicable
I used to use a font [GraphMM 512 BD 523 NO] at a previous office. It is listed in ArchiCAD 16 but does not work. Can anyone tell me where to find this font? Is it in ArchiCAD 16 or can I get it somewhere?
Thanks for your help.
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
When you see a font in square brackets - [fontname] - inside ArchiCAD, it means that the font is not installed on your system, but that the project file text in question specifies that font.

When a font is [missing], ArchiCAD substitutes some generic font.

As long as you do not change the font from [GraphMM...] then if your file is used on a machine that HAS that font installed, it will appear correctly.

Sounds like you need to get the font file from your previous office. There is a generic free Graph MM here:
http://www.fonts101.com/search/graph+mm

but it will not automatically match that in your file... a font named "GraphMM 512 BD 523 NO" is quite unusual.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Lipi
Participant
Karl, do you know of an easier way to substitute all fonts for a different family in the case of a missing font or at least tell ArchiCad which font to use as a substitute?

I collaborate with an architect online, and her font (though the same as one of mine) has a different name (mac vs. windows issue). Her font gets shown as something utterly different on my computer, but my font looks normal to her.

It takes a lot of time to catch all the instances she used her font and change it by hand. The simples would be if I could just tell Archicad to display my font in stead of hers.

And yes, I have tried to get her to send me her font, but she couldn't figure it out even with my help.
ArchiCad 22, Sweden
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
HP ZBook 15u / Intel Core i7 8:e gen. 8550U / 1.8 GHz (4 GHz) / 8 MB Cache
AMD Radeon Pro WX 3100 / Intel HD Graphics 620, 2 GB
Lipi
Participant
Never mind, I found the answer on ArchicadWiki:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/MacFontHandling

Works like a charm! I can now at least see how the text looks, which works for me!
ArchiCad 22, Sweden
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
HP ZBook 15u / Intel Core i7 8:e gen. 8550U / 1.8 GHz (4 GHz) / 8 MB Cache
AMD Radeon Pro WX 3100 / Intel HD Graphics 620, 2 GB