BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Frameless corner , CW window or similar, how

I have been using the CW 11 (curtain wall) window to create window assemblies in which the frame is set back 50 mm/2 in from the face of wall.

I need to turn the corner, frameless. I can't get a window-sill-height horizontal frame in the curtain wall object to clean up in the corner no matter how I do it, and because the window library part stays 50 mm short of the wall corner edge I also need to insert empty openings for the walls to not show up as a corner piece.

Is there any clean way of doing this?
7 REPLIES 7
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Ignacio -- I've always stayed away from the CW windows, because the Storefront windows are more reliable. The Storefront windows have an "Oversize" parameter that can take care of this condition. In your case, the Oversize would be 50mm, or the distance from the face of the wall. See also this post
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Screenshot.
SF Corner.jpg
The oversize thing gets rid of the wall at the corner, nice. But with Storefronts I can't find a way of getting or faking a frameless corner.

[My screenshot was showing what I got using CW, with the non-mitered 'middle rail' and the leftover wall at the corner.]
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Ignacio wrote:
But with Storefronts I can't find a way of getting or faking a frameless corner.
Yes. Unfortunately, that is not an option. I suppose you could SEO the corner mullion....
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura wrote:
Ignacio wrote:
But with Storefronts I can't find a way of getting or faking a frameless corner.
Yes. Unfortunately, that is not an option. I suppose you could SEO the corner mullion....
That would be my approach. Just overextend the walls and windows and make miter operators on the (hidden) SEO layer. A bit of a pain to maintain if there are a lot of them, but then I know Ignacio is highly skilled with modules 😉
Thanks everybody. I ended doing an additive workaround, there are a lot of these windows and solid element operations would kill my 3D window. For the same reason I am avoiding profiled walls as much as possible.

This must have been the most expensive corner in history in terms of drafting. Fortunately there will be many of them, but the whole thing absolutely sucks. It is just a simple frameless corner.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Ignacio,
You might be interested in this thread.
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=119733&highlight=corner+window#119733
Peter Devlin
Learn and get certified!