cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

GRAPHISOFT Key Customer Conference article

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This morning I just read an account of the GRAPHISOFT Key Customer Conference, held last week. It is an interesting read, since it talks about several things that are under development by GRAPHISOFT, one of them something called Project Everest:

https://www.upfrontezine.com/2019/06/upf-1018.html
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
LaszloNagy wrote:
This morning I just read an account of the GRAPHISOFT Key Customer Conference, held last week. It is an interesting read, since it talks about several things that are under development by GRAPHISOFT, one of them something called Project Everest:

https://www.upfrontezine.com/2019/06/upf-1018.html
This is a poorly phrased article that shows that Ralph didn't really understand the presentations at the KCC. Along with some misinformation, there is some good information about both 23 and the future - but I have to wonder if he and I were in the same room.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have split this thread from the AC23 Announcement topic and created a new topic.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Isn't this - this, right here - the problem with Graphisoft's marketing and information outreach strategy?

That one has to be part of the inner-sanctum/Key Customer Clients' Conference/ User group/Superfriends or whatever special clique, just to be in a position to be in the know of what's happening or planned to happen in the future of this program we're already so heavily invested in, in the present.
And that even then, when you're sitting in the same room with other people, it's not necessarily clear that you're all hearing the same information, in the same way that Graphisoft intends to to be received.

And even putting aside the muddled nature of that approach, there's really very little in that article that left me as a Joe Sixpack average user with no means to afford or make a trip to Vegas or Cabo or Istanbul for a super very very important VIP group meetup with a lot to feel confident or optimistic about, with regards to where the future of this program is headed insofar as features and development.

That article reads in a lot of parts like a love letter to consultants and third party folks we work with, in terms of what's getting improved versus what we the architects and designers at the front end of the process actually need improved.
And that's fine.
To an extent.

I see the larger picture of what Graphisoft are trying to do big picture-wise with larger clients and coordinating with other disciplines.
I believe most of us do.

But I also worry about our end.

I don't even know what this Project Everest actually is and entails that I should get excited about it or have my interest piqued given how little information about even that was present in the article.
Is this an overhaul of the entire program and it's kernel and core?
Or is it just a different approach as to how they will deal with development writ large and user interaction?

But then again maybe that's why this hasn't' been announced on any official channels or outlets outside of this.
At the end of the day 90% of ArchiCAD users won't know what it is or how it's supposed to affect them going forward, but somehow someway it most certainly will.

I just wish I knew whether to feel good or bad about it on my own terms versus just because someone says I should trust them one way or another.