Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Graphic Override why can it not use Door object parameters?

fuzzytnth3
Booster
ArchiCAD 20 - Graphic Override why can it not use Door object parameters?

It seems strange to me that all the door and window objects by default have a parameter in the Description settings listing the Fire Rating of the door.

Yet the Graphic Override facility has no way of using this information you have to create a Property and use it in a Graphic Override rule and then edit all the doors to use the correct Fire Rating Property which was already entered in the "Description" settings. Unless I have missed one of Graphisoft's sneaky little black triangle pop-outs?

A tad annoying because we have Favourites and Schedules setup to use the default Door parameters and in particular the Fire Rating.

Final thought, I'm guessing as I have not checked yet but I bet the Archicad Property Manager properties don't get exported with an IFC file or am I wrong?
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
10 REPLIES 10
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
fuzzytnth3 wrote:
ArchiCAD's schedule tool will list Doors by Type but it will list all the Zone Numbers individually for that Door Type.
Yes! Exactly
fuzzytnth3 wrote:
I suppose you could export it out as a spreadsheet, merge the Zone Number cells and reimport into ArchiCAD to use your ArchiCAD Property "Combined Location Number"
That's what I attempted to explain before

But we ended up at the same place. Bottom line is that properties in 20, open a world of possibilities.
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au