cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Grid snap does not work properly in AC15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad 15 grid does not work properly.

For example i have 1'x1' grid. My grid snap is on, and is set to snap to construction grid.

I click at the edge of a wall and move it down 1 grid space. Instead of moving it down by 1' at 90 degrees, it other angles.

and when i zoom in, i can see that it didn't snap at the grid, but the snap point is a little off.

Has anyone faced this problem?
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable
sarahric wrote:
Also have the problem that the drawing I'm given is not on grid. I try to move elements with grid snap on, they just snap to the grid snap distance from the object, and not to the grid on screen. ie my grid snap is set to 1 mm, the wall is at 1.77mm and I try to pull it to the grid at 2mm but it drags to 2.77mm. Meaning I can't fix the drawing.
Did you start dragging with Snap OFF, then turn it ON to position it?

Actually, ignore that. I just did a test and it works correctly for the main grid, but not the snap grid.
sarahric
Contributor
Also have the problem that the drawing I'm given is not on grid. I try to move elements with grid snap on, they just snap to the grid snap distance from the object, and not to the grid on screen. ie my grid snap is set to 1 mm, the wall is at 1.77mm and I try to pull it to the grid at 2mm but it drags to 2.77mm. Meaning I can't fix the drawing.
ArchiCAD 18/Windows 7/16GB Memory/i5 3.2GHz Processor/NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
Barry Kelly
sarahric wrote:
Meaning I can't fix the drawing.
Of course you can.
If you want to snap to the main grid just turn it on and drag to the point you want.

But if you want to snap to the "snap" grid then turn your grid snap on and place a hotspot on the location you want to move to.
Turn the grid snap off and now drag what you want to the hotspot.
Now turn your grid snap back on.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11