Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

HELP! ELEVATION MARKERS DON'T SHOW

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't seen this before, and I can't seem to fix it.

I have set several elevation markers (the ones I previously wanted to have a background fill to..) and while they are still linked to my Model sections(I can open the elevation in navigator) i can't get the marker to show.

In display options, I have tried setting the section lines & Depth to show up, which they do, but no markers.

Also, when I select the marker on plan, there are no hotspots showing, although the info box confirms that I have a Marker selected.

Any and all suggestions that get me out of my fix would be wellcome.

Nathan Brauer
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable
gentlemen, please take a look at this file and see if it is user error.
i cant seem to be able to get the arrowheads to show on the section/elevation markers. as i mentioned before, it only happened after i installed the 1010 update. what am i missing
BTW, any ideas on how to quicly reduce a file size for email? thanks a lot folks...
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Have you tried changing the Markers to Section ? Works for me.

Cheers,
Link.
See-Section.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
Have you tried changing the Markers to Section ? Works for me.

Cheers,
Link.
thank you for the reply...i did try it before without avail.
see image...it seems that the arrowhead is missing from the lib altogether??
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
There is something very wrong with your file(s) there. Is this a Teamwork file? A migrated AC9 file? Have you tried doing this from a New & Reset (using the provided ArchiCAD 10.tpl)?

And you're definitely on 1010 right?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
There is something very wrong with your file(s) there. Is this a Teamwork file? A migrated AC9 file? Have you tried doing this from a New & Reset (using the provided ArchiCAD 10.tpl)?

And you're definitely on 1010 right?

Cheers,
Link.
yes, 1010. i have opened the template from the AC website for release 10. same result.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Aye Corumba!

If it were me, I would start removing ArchiCAD preferences, and failing that would reinstall AC. But that is totally up to you of course.

Either way, I would definitely submit it as a bug report to your reseller.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
Aye Corumba!

If it were me, I would start removing ArchiCAD preferences, and failing that would reinstall AC. But that is totally up to you of course.

Either way, I would definitely submit it as a bug report to your reseller.

Cheers,
Link.
that's what i've been thinking... if by any chance you run across a solution please let me know. i'll keep this forum posted on developments.
thanks a lot for your help.
btw"caramba"
This is probably no help, but I just discovered that in a plan I'm working on (started in the prior build), that I cannot change from a section marker to an elevation marker. They are all stuck at section markers.

A New & Reset fixes this, but doesn't do any good in the current plan.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Follow-up on my problem, which I can only ascribe to a "senior moment". Somehow I forgot that the Model View Options now also controls the section/elevation markers and if set to "Normal", you won't EVER be able to get a Section Marker to display as an Elevation Marker, even though set as one. ( I think the nomenclature here is less than obvious.) Set it to "as in settings" and problem went away. ( I appreciate having a great reseller to whack the side of my head on occasion.)

Could the Model View Options setting be a culprit in the original poster's problem?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
But for the obscure MVO setting! That would explain the problem in the original file, but not necessarily the second one.

Hopefully that fixed it. Regardless, isn't it about time this setting was dropped? Does anyone actually use it to override the S/E settings on a per-view basis?

Cheers,
Link.