Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

HELP! ELEVATION MARKERS DON'T SHOW

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't seen this before, and I can't seem to fix it.

I have set several elevation markers (the ones I previously wanted to have a background fill to..) and while they are still linked to my Model sections(I can open the elevation in navigator) i can't get the marker to show.

In display options, I have tried setting the section lines & Depth to show up, which they do, but no markers.

Also, when I select the marker on plan, there are no hotspots showing, although the info box confirms that I have a Marker selected.

Any and all suggestions that get me out of my fix would be wellcome.

Nathan Brauer
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try turning on all layers. Perhaps you put it on a different layer than you thought.

Grant
__archiben
Booster
is it a custom marker head object? it sounds as though the problem lies within the marker head if you are getting the cut lines showing.

just a really silly thought: you have looked along the entire length of the line? if you have it set to 'elevation' in the settings dialogue you'll only get one marker centrally along the line, ('section' = a marker at each end . . ).

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you getting a missing library parts report?

It is possible that the symbol is not in the loaded libraries. The info box will still have the name of the part even if it is not loaded.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here everyone, take a look yourself. The truly weird bit is that when I select the line, and change the marker from the NCS Elevation marker to the basic marker, it defaults back to the NCS marker. BTW neither marker shows up.

I am truly stumped. All comments have been helpful, though the markers remain MMIA(marker missing in action)

-Nathan Brauer
Karl Ottenstein
Nathan wrote:
I am truly stumped. All comments have been helpful, though the markers remain MMIA(marker missing in action)
Well, you've got me stumped, too, Nathan! Only spent a few minutes trying to track it down, but it is indeed very strange!

Here's the key to the mystery for me: if I alt-click the section line on the right (the no-marker guy), and then draw a new section line - the markers show. If I ctrl-alt-click the section line on the left, those markers show. That's telling me that the settings are valid and the missing lib parts are not part of the problem... and something else inside AC is corrupt about that section. I tried merging your file into a fresh file. Still the same thing.

Strange indeed! Hopefully we're both overlooking something simple.

If nobody else has an idea, do send the file to tech support.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a clue, no solution....yet.

The marker on the right is set to not show any marker on either end of the section line. When this is selected the marker still does not show but the zoom extents is much larger. Perhaps the marker got corrupted and is placed very far from the section line?

Also if the missing marker section is relocated closer to the origin the zoom extents is no longer a factor. Very strange.
Djordje
Ace
Every time I had a problem with a section:

1. Select the section
2. Cut
3. Paste

You can also save between 2. and 3. but to a new file name, just in case ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
funny thing...same problem but only when i installed the 10-10 upgrade/fix. all elevation, section arrows are missing and there is no way to get it back... a clean install without the 10-10 pack will have this problem solved. i think it's a bug. any ideas?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I can see the markers just fine, but it's still buggy.

The S/E on the left has it's markers set to Elevation, so it is only showing one marker. The alarming thing here is that this marker cannot be moved again via the pet pallete. Nor can it be switched back to Section and back to Elevation just to show one marker. There's a bug right there. It's like it's getting the Section functionality mixed up with the Elevation functionality.

How did you get that S/E to have just one marker on the end? Did you use the pet pallete to move the marker to the end, or did you set the Marker set to Section and only visible at one end?

Similarly, the S/E on the right is set to Section but without any markers, so it's showing up correctly, but when it is changed to Elevation, no marker is appearing. And if it is set to Section with any variation of marker positions, and changed back to Elevation, there's no way to have it appear on one end. Even by pet palette, which is usually doable when set to Elevation, so it's the same problem.

Either way it's definitely a bug that is either related just to these S/E's or to a general corruption in your file. You can see by copying these S/E's into a new file that they look and continue to work just fine.

Cheers,
Link.