Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

HOW TO MAKE WALL REVEAL??

Anonymous
Not applicable
HI EVRYBODY I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE WALL REVEAL IN ARCHICAD 10 WITHOUT USING (REVEALMAKER1.1)?
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
There are many uses for the word reveal so you may need to be more specific. If you are referring to something like control joints or rustication, you can do this by modeling their negative and subtracting from the wall. The operators will need to be put on a hidden layer.

btw: turn your caps lock off - no need to shout.
Anonymous
Not applicable
use RevealMaker from ObjectOnline
Adalbert wrote:
use RevealMaker from ObjectOnline
[I agree. RevealMaker is awesome and I think everything else ends up resulting in a relative waste of time. But since the question read 'without using RevealMaker':]

Check out the 'W Niche' window inside 'Masonry' in the US library --or just find 'Niche'.

For a vertical reveal it works as-is, one really thin shallow tall niche for each reveal, and you can even change the material if you want. And it displays right in the floor plan, which RevealMaker doesn't.

For a horizontal reveal you might need to play around with the symbolic/whatever settings (which I am not at all familiar with) if you want it to look good on the floor plan.
Aussie John
Newcomer
you can use hidden columns and or beams to make reveals or rebates
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]