Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Help With Continous Curved Ramp and Form !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
H guys,

I want to create a building really similar to that of the cocoon office in zurich. The spiral ramps are continous and getting bigger all the way to the top. I have no idea on how to draw this on archicad. The curved ramp in the object folder does not allow me to achieve this effect.

Another question would also be on how to achieve the outher form which follows the spiral of the ramp. How do i cut the curved wall to be in line with the spiral ramp?? Your help will be greatly appreciated!! Please Help !! Thanks...

1258465128-cocoon-c-fk-012-1000x750.jpg
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe this ?
Spiral Ramp_Stair.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
And this is the object (made by Mirco Sorgato from Italy - UI is in Italian):

Usage: Select the Stair tool > click the little triangle (Element - Open Library Part) > Load from File Dialog Box...select "Rampa a Spirale (m).gsm" > Open.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey! Thanks for the reply!! Do anyone know how to create the spiral walls?? Is it through SEO?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys please help me on this one. I couldn't get the curved walls out using SEO as it can only substract with upward extrusion and the walls doesn'f rollw the spiral form. Please help !!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would create two ramps for cutting and place them on a hidden layer with its intersection layer group changed. One ramp would cut the top of the wall and the other ramp would be used to cut the bottom of the wall. I would then create a third ramp for the actual ramp and butt it up against the lower cut. That's a quick way.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is an example of ramp I made using mesh and SEOs.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I played a bit and made a quick step by step tutorial.
SEO ramp tut.jpg
Barry Kelly
So long as the ramp spirals inside itself all the way then this works beautifully as you have shown.
But if the ramp loops under the portion above (like a standard spring and as I assume it does in the original image) then you will need to break it down into 360° rotation segments.

I would imagine you would need to break the walls in the original image into 360° segments to trim as well or even less to make them more manageable.

It looks like LinRong is in for a lot of experimentation.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
With the tool that I was developing (dragon) is very easy... you can define a mesh with free point and then you adjust graphically to the contour and in section o 3d adjust the height (graphically too).
For the walls you can put another mesh, define a cusom panel (windows), rotate and adjust in the section...

By garquitectos at 2012-05-15