Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Hotlinking Disables the Rooftrims and Solid Extraction!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad 17:
Please help! When the hot module (hotlink) is attached to a new project I lose all my roof trims. The hotlink is attached floor by floor and not multi-storey because it is not possible in my case. I hate that you cant attach a multi-storey as an self contained Xref !!
But that is not the issue here, the loss of roof trims and solid extraction is!
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume that the walls and the roofs trimming them are on different stories. SEOs are not maintained when stories are linked independently. There are (at least) two ways to work around this.

One is to use the "Trim to Roof" command in the source file which inserts the cutting plane into the definition of the walls and is not dependent on keeping the relationship between the walls and roof as SEOs do.

The other is to redo the SEOs in the linked modules. You can select elements in the module when the group function is suspended and add them as targets and operators for the SEOs. It's been a long time since I used this but I assume it would still work.

Of course it would be lovely if GS were to enable linking multistory modules and retain their original story height settings. This has been requested early and often and doesn't seem like it would be hard to implement but... Oh well.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Even roof trims is lost...
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Zak wrote:
Even roof trims is lost...
What was called "trim" in earlier versions is now referred to as "crop", in the Help files see: Virtual Building > Construction Elements > Roofs > Crop Elements to Single-plane Roof.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!